WOW! It’s actually happened! I got a notification, you know those push notifications you can put on your phone JUST in case someone reads your blog AND comments!! And then this talented person honors me with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! I’m honored and honestly inspired to keep trying to write! The Nominator (Is that the right form?) is Christina Waschko please check out her blog. Christina writes about every day events and has a talent for seeing the fun and the beauty in each day. Thus her title…which I openly admit I would love to steal….VeryBerry Extra Ordinary! There are requirements for accepting this award..
In order to accept this wonderful award, I have to follow certain rules. Here they are, I MUST
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements
Ok, so got the award displayed, Need everyone to check out Christina’s Blog @ http://veryberryextraordinary.wordpress.com She’s an entrepeneur with energy to spare 🙂
7 things about myself
1. I’m ridiculously insecure… I write constantly but post rarely…thus explaining 7 posts on this blog in the last 2 years. But I’m working on it! I’m determined to move forward with the writing even if it is just an outlet of random ranting for this crazy mom.
2. Although insecure..I am certain that it is my responsibilty to save the world! One of my best friends gave me a mug which says, “I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.”… and it astonishes me when someone doesnt WANT my help, opinion, or salvation!
3. And in spite of the fact that I’m quite busy trying to save the whole world… I have made it a point to be a very involved, ok maybe over-involved mama to my four children, and many times to their friends. I AM mama bear when I need to be!
4. One thing I’m slowly learning is that to be an effective Mama Bear, I’ve gotta take care of ME! AND sometimes that means leaving the nest to hang out with my other friends and act crazy and a bit irresponsible. I am now famous for my captain Morgan pose…
5. THIS weekend I achieved a goal on my bucket list! I ran a Half-Marathon in 2:00:39! My goal was 2 hours and as that minute hand had not ticked forward this totally counts! I know this doesn’t make me an elite runner, but I took 15 min off of my best time AND that perky little 20 something girl in my office with 2 less children and 30 less pounds only beat me by 29 seconds. SO factoring age and weight into the equation… I kicked her A$$!! Woohoo! (Love u Mel!)
6. I love to organize… other people’s stuff, not mine. Because organizing mine would mean purging all of the books, magazines, papers, and clippings I’ve held onto. And that’s just wrong.
7. I really hate it when people drive in the fog with their lights off! The lights aren’t for you, you poor ignorant soul, they are for the rest of us so we can SEE you!
Ok, I guess that’s 7 random things about me. Now, let’s talk about the 7 other inspiring bloggers….next time.